Monday, June 22, 2009

My new paintings!





I went home to VA last weekend to finish some new paintings for my mom's salon. I've been really into some of the american modern painters like Helen Frankenthaler and Richard Diebenkorn lately. I love how free and fresh their colors play on the canvas. I am not use to painting abstract so it took some time to loosen up. Weekend trip to VA always ends too early, when I'm just getting the hang of painting, I have to leave back to New york. I made a lot of mess on half a dozen canvases, most of them I have no idea where they are going to end up, but I manage to finish four paintings. I am going to keep on playing with abstract paintings concentrating on colors in my new york apartment. So when I go back to VA in my mom's basement, I'll be ready to make a better mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment