Monday, November 9, 2009

King Con and Bolzano Comics Festival!





I had a lot of fun at King Con last weekend. Although the con seemed like it was put together in the last minute, a lot of people came and the small lyceum was packed on Saturday. I shared a table with 4 other gals, our table was covered with our comics and colorful illustrations, buttons..etc. I have to say our table looked awesome! :)
The lyceum was pretty shabby, the floor was unstable and everything from ceiling to the walls were bare and unfinished. Although I kinda like that industrial Brooklyn buildings, this place was a bit too ghetto. Nonetheless, the venue was lively with amazing artists, I saw a few people that I've met in the previous conventions and had a good chat with them. I've started actively participating in comic conventions since couple years ago, and I finally felt comfortable being behind the table, maybe because this convention was small and intimate.  It was very encouraging to hear people's feedback and see other independent artists making their comics. I am already looking forward to MoCCa next year.
I'm flying to Italy this Thursday to be part of the Bolzano International Comic Festival. As I have blogged before, my work will be exhibited in the Museo Gallery along with the works of the other finalists of the No Words Comics competition. Check out Bolzano Comics website for more info. My comic is also up for viewing on their website with other finalist work. They are pretty amazing stuff! I'm very excited to be part of this festival.
I'll be also doing a living painting with some other artists at the A-store in Bolzano on November 14th Saturday at 2:30 p.m. So if you are in the area, come and have fun drawing on cardboard and t-shirts with me! Check out their site for more info.

1 comment: