Thursday, May 27, 2010

The New Dazzler Comics #1


Today was a joyful day! I went to the forbidden planet and picked up a comic book with my art on it. The New Dazzler comics #1 "Necrosha Aftermath", written by Jim McCann drawn by Kalman Andrasofszky and Ramon Perez came out yesterday. I did a one page pin up illustration of Dazzler colored beautifully by Christina Strain, which is printed in the last page of the comic book. I'm so excited to show my artwork to the mainstream audiences for the first time. I've been making comics independently for many years in a small scale. And I've enjoyed making them, no matter who and how many people are reading them. I am very happy to be part of a book that is worked on by so many amazing talents and printed professionally by the publisher like marvel.
It's also great to know that this isn't going to be the last time I'll see my work in marvel comics. I've recently finished working on Dr. Strange story and currently working on a short story of the invisible woman. Thanks to my editor Michael Horwitz for giving me these wonderful opportunities!
Of course, I'll keep on self publishing my comics as I've done all these years. There's nothing that gets me more excited than working on comics whether it's my own story or for a publishing team.
Check out the articles on the new Dazzler comics online and also pick up the issue at your local comic book store! :D
(The image above is cover of Dazzler comics, drawn by Andrasofszky.)

No comments:

Post a Comment