Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Am Love


Did I mention I have a crush on Tilda Swinton?
She's as amazing as usual in this Italian film. I can't say I understand this movie fully... the ending is a bit bizarre and the subject matter isn't something I can relate to... which is about a rich middle age woman having an affair with her son's friend. I, being unmarried, nor rich, nor have a son, couldn't really get into the character's dilemmas. But visually this movie definitely had a very precise style, I felt like I was watching Harper's Bazaar catalog of the 80's and 90's throughout the whole film. Amazing color and compositions!
I think this movie is meant to be viewed with an open mind, without demanding a solid conclusion or logical actions from the characters. And I did, so I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment