Saturday, August 4, 2012

Anita Blake and Jean-Claude





I drew a few character sketch of Anita Blake and Jean-Claude, main characters from a very popular novel series. I've never read the book, so they might be a bit different from what they are really like in the book. I did get a bit goose bumpy when drawing Jean-Claude's Magnum stare and open lacy blouse, but it was so much fun to just give in to the guilty pleasure of drawing completely over the top "romatic" images. I wonder why there are so many male characters in fantasy/ romance genre who just wouldn't look hot or cool in real life... unless you are Brad Pitt from the interview with the vampire, this hair style or clothing choices would  look pretty ridiculous in reality. But hopefully I pull it off on my drawings somehow.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful!I love this series so much. Your sketches really capture their characters well <3

    ReplyDelete