Thursday, January 2, 2014

New paintings

Happy New year, everyone!
I've spent some quality time in my mother's basement oil painting over the holidays. I've gotten dizzy from the oil rather than champagnes but it was definitely worth it! I've finished couple large paintings that I've been working on and off this winter. One is an abstract painting I've named "Under the sea" because the swirling movement and bright colors remind me of snorkeling in tropical ocean. The other is pretty straight forward landscape of Brighton, UK. which I've worked off of a photo that I took a few years ago.


Then I started two new paintings. First one is a large sunset piece of Honolulu, Hawaii. Sunsets are so magnificent in real life that I've always felt intimated to paint, but I took some amazing photos when I went to Hawaii over the thanksgiving that I've decided to give it a try. Hopefully I'll be able to at least come close to the beauty of the real sunset over honolulu beaches. Then I started another painting of color blocks and it turned out to look a bit like a autumn lake with leaves reflecting. I'll see how it goes.




Hope everyone have fun and productive new years ahead!

-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment